Gaskets, paints and adhesives stripper.
CRC Gasket Remover is a blend of non-chlorinated powerful solvents, formulated for the easy removal of gasket cement, paints, adhesives and sealants. It helps to protect equipment surfaces by eliminating damage caused by excessive scraping.
- High penetrating power
- Controlled evaporation
- Clings to vertical surfaces, ideal for fixed industrial equipment.
- Softens and eases removal of conventional and formed in-place gaskets, gasket cements and sealants.
- Excellent stripper for paints, varnishes and lacquers
- Loosens carbon deposits
- Dissolves tar, greases, dried oils, adhesives, resinous deposits, etc.
- Avoids accidental and costly damage caused by excessive scraping.
Removal of :
Gasket residues on :
Carbon deposits on :
- cylinder heads
- water pump flanges
Paints and coatings on :
- valve seats
- cylinder heads
- metal engine components
- hard surfaces
TYPICAL(*) PRODUCT DATA
- Mask painted surfaces from over spray. Wear eye protection and non-porous (rubber) gloves.
- Shake well or stir before application and apply a thick film on area to be treated.
- Allow product to work for 10-20 minutes. Remove residues with a rag, stiff bristled brush or putty knife. Repeat application if necessary.
- Clean treated surface with a solvent cleaner (CRC Fast Dry Degreaser, CRC Industrial Degreaser) to remove waxy product film.
- Test before use on plastics or rubber. Do not use on energised equipment.
- Use only in well ventilated areas. A safety data sheet (MSDS) according EU93/112 is available for all CRC products.
- Appearance : viscous opaque liquid
- Specific gravity (@ 20°C) : 0,92
- Boiling range (solvents) : 40-200°C
- Freezing point : < -20°C
- Flash point (closed cup) : < -0°C
- pH : neutral
- Viscosity : 700-1500 mPa.s (thixotropic)
- Kauri-Butanol value (solvents) : > 120
- Vapour density (solvents, vs. air = 1) : > 2
- Non-volatile content : 1,5% wt
- aerosol : 12 x 300 ml
- bulk : 20 L