CRC URETHANE RED SPRAY
Product Code : CRC URETHANE RED
Brand Name : CRC
Clear or red one-component urethane type conformal coatings. CRC Urethane Coats provides an air curing conformal urethane type coating that insulates electrical/electronic equipment, seals out water and moisture and acts as a barrier for contaminants. CRC Urethane Coats dry fast and adhere well. After curing they form a highly flexible film which is durable and resistant to abrasion and contaminants.
- Available in clear or red formulations :
- Clear : contains U.V.- fluorescent dye for easier quality control
- Red : provides additional corrosion resistance
- Dries quickly to a durable, flexible and non- conductive film
- Excellent electrical characteristics :
- High dielectric strength
- High surface and volume resistivity
- Low dielectric constant
- Low dissipation factor
- Effective temperature range of - 40°C to + 120°C
- Abrasion-resistant insulator for electrical/electronic equipment and components.
- Specifications :
- * NSN 5970-01-017-5738
- USDA-Red Urethane is classified P1
- Urethane Clear - protective coating for :
- Urethane Red or Clear - coating for :
- Armature coils
- Commutator ends
- Transformer connectors
- Bus bars
TYPICAL(*) PRODUCT DATA (without propellant)
- Clean and degrease surface thoroughly before application (use one of the CRC precision cleaners or Lectra Clean as appropriate).
- Shake aerosol can well; red formulation contains an agitator ball for pigment dispersion. Stir or mix bulk product to homogenize. Repeat while using. Petroleum solvents (white spirit,...) may be used to dilute the bulk product to the required viscosity and film thickness.
- Apply in light, even coats. Best results are obtained with 2 (or even more) lighter rather than 1 heavy coat. Additional coats can be applied when first coat is dry (20-25 min.). For maximum adhesion, 2nd coat must be applied within 48 hours.
- Due to slow cross linking reaction, room temperature curing takes over 1 week to obtain final film hardness. However, cured for handling is already reached in 1 day.
- Accelerated curing can be accomplished by baking up to 80°C. Total curing thus takes only 8 to 12 hours, increasing final hardness and chemical resistance of film .Cured for handling is reached in 2 to 3 hours.
- For dipping applications it is advised to cover the bath when not in use and to prevent skin formation by keeping air out (e.g. by nitrogen blanketing). Rags or filters heavily contaminated with these products should be protected from auto-ignition by soaking with water or cleaning (e.g. with CRC Lectra Clean).
- When finished spraying, clear valve by turning can upside down and pressing button until only propellant escapes. If clogging occurs, remove button and clean orifices with fine wire.
- If necessary remove with CRC Lectra Clean (if curing has only started) or CRC Gasket Remover (for fully cured films).
- Do not use on energized equipment. Use in well ventilated area.
- A safety data sheet (MSDS) according EU directive 93/112 is available for all CRC products.
- Appearance : Clear, light amber Red-brown
- Specific gravity (@ 20°C)
- aerosol : 0.82 0.84
- bulk : 0.86 0.92
- Distillation range of solvents
- aerosol : 60-200°C 60-200°C
- bulk : 120-200°C 160-200°C
- Flash point (closed cup)
- aerosol : < 0°C < 0 °C
- bulk : 36°C 38°C
- Viscosity (bulk @ 20°C) : 50 to 75 mPa.s 60 to 90 mPa.s
- Coverage (20 to 30 um dry film)
- aerosol : 0.5 to 1 m2/100ml 0.5 to 1 m2/100ml
- bulk : 10 to 15 m2/L 10 to 15 m2/L
- Drying time (dry-to-touch) : 15 to 30 min. 15 to 30 min.
- Curing time (@ 20°C)
- 30% cure : 24 hrs. 24 hrs.
- > 90% cure : 7 days 7 days
- Cured film properties (40-60 um)
- Oil resistance (ASTM D115) : Pass Pass
- Adhesion (NF T 30-038) : OO
- Hardness PERSOZ : 240 N.A.
- Dielectric strength (**) : > 40 kV/mm > 40 kV/mm
- Specific resistance (**) : > 1011.Ωcm > 1011. Ωcm
- Surface resistivity (**) : > 1012 Ω > 1012 Ω
- Dissipation factor (**) : < 0.01 < 0.4
- Dielectric constant (@ 1000 Hz)(**) : > 3 > 3
- Continuous use temperature range : -40°C to 120°C -40°C to 120°C
- Salt spray resistance (ASTM B117) : 24 to 48 hrs. 72 to 96 hrs.
- Clear (10370): aerosol : 12 x 300 ml bulk : 2 x 4 L - 20 L
- Red (10375) : aerosol : 12 x 300 ml bulk : 2 x 4 L