Permatex High-Temp Red RTV Silicone Gasket Maker
Category: Gasket Makers
OEM specified. Formulated for hi-temp applications, or heavy-duty use (such as towing, etc.). Replaces almost any cut gasket by making reliable -in-place gaskets that resist cracking, shrinking and migrating caused by thermal cycling. Coats pre-cut gaskets to increase reliability. Temperature range -65 Degrees Fahrenheit to 650 Degrees Fahrenheit(-54 Degrees Centigrade to 343 Degrees Centigrade) intermittent; resists auto and shop fluids.
Suggested Applications: Valve covers, oil pans, timing covers, water pumps, and thermostat housings.
1. For best results, clean and dry all surfaces with a residue-free solvent such as Permatex Brake & Parts Cleaner.
2. Cut nozzle to desired bead size. Gaskets are best formed using a 1/16to Ã‚¼ bead.
3. Apply a continuous, even bead of silicone to one surface, surrounding all bolt holes. Assemble parts immediately while silicone is still wet. Finger tighten until material begins to squeeze out around flange. Allow to dry for one hour then retighten 1/4 to 1/2 turn.
4. Silicone will skin over in one hour and fully cure in 24 hours under normal conditions. Allow more time for cold or very dry conditions.
5. Clean uncured silicone from hands, tools and clothing with Fast Orange Hand Cleaner.