CRC 5-56 Multi Purpose Lubricant
Multi purpose service spray.
A multi purpose penetrating and lubricating product that breaks through rust and corrosion, displaces water and cleans away scale and dirt.
CRC 5-56 is based on a paraffinic oil and a multiple organic inhibitor system that prevents rust and corrosion by forming a continuous protection barrier against water and oxygen.
- Penetrates quickly, even into the finest pores and cracks of the surface.
- Lubricates and restores smooth action.
- Displaces moisture out of all electrical and ignition systems and makes it possible to start wet engines.
- Loosens rusted parts and makes them work again.
- Stops annoying squeaks.
- Leaves a thin film that protects metals from corrosion induced by humidity and other corrosive atmospheres.
- Easy repair by eliminating the need for disassembly.
- Safe for all metals and alloys.
- Safe on most painted surfaces, coatings, plastics and rubbers (if in doubt, test prior to use).
- Aerosols are equipped with the 360o (upside-down) spray valve and extension tube for added convenience.
- Aerosols are pressurised with non-flammable CO2 propellant, giving an active product content of over 97% (i.e.over 30% more than typical hydrocarbon propelled products).
- NSN 9150-00-529-7222
- USDA class H2
A modern, versatile helper for hundreds of repair jobs in all working environments.
- Electrical parts : plugs, switches, coils, leads, ...
- Cars : ignition system, distributors, battery terminals, cables, starter motors, aerials, nuts and bolts, chrome, seat slides, door latches, spark plugs, ...
- Home : door locks and hinges, sliding doors and windows, drills, locks, hinges, catches, DIY tools, scissors, zippers, buggies, toys.
- Leisure : fishing gear, bicycles, garden tools, roller blades, roller skates, ski fittings, marine, golf buggies.
- Hundreds of other uses in : workshops, garages , building sites, factories, offices, gardens, homes, do-it-yourself.
TYPICAL(*) PRODUCT DATA (without propellant)
- Apply generously and allow to penetrate. Full penetration may take a few minutes or more.
- To start wet engines : spray into distributor, over coil connectors and wiring.
- For hard to reach areas, use extension tube.
- If necessary, to be removed by CRC Brakleen or CRC Quickleen.
- A safety data sheet (MSDS) according EU directive 93/112 is available for all CRC products.
- Appearance : light amber, clear liquid
- Specific gravity @ 20Â°C : 0,82
- Freezing point : < -50Â°C
- Flash point (closed cup) : 78Â°C
- Surface tension @ 20Â°C : 22 mN/m
- Water displacement : 70%(IP1 78/61, method B)
- Ultimate film thickness : 1 to 2 mm (@ 20Â°C, after a 24 h spread)
- Maximum expected coverage : 100 m2 / l (@ 20Â°C, after a 24 h spread)
- Film properties (after evaporation of solvent)
- Specific gravity @ 20Â°C : 0,88
- Dynamic viscosity @ 40Â°C : 26 mPa.s
- Load wear index : 930 N (mean Hertz load) (FTMS 791-6503.2)
These values are not intended to be used as specifications.They are based on information we believe reliable. However, it is the user's responsibility to determine the suitability of the product for his own use.
- aerosol : 12 x 200 ml, 24 x 200 ml
- 12 x 400 ml, 24 x 400 ml
- bulk : 5 L + sprayer
- 4 x 5 L
- 20 L
- This Technical Data Sheet refers to article numbers starting with 10010.
- Version number: 10010 03 0698 01