CRC ALU H.T. HIGH TEMPERATURE ALUMINIUM COATING
High temperature aluminium coating.
A high temperature paint based on silicone resins and active aluminium pigments.Alu H.T. is designed to build a hard lasting finish that will not burn off, chip or peel at high temperatures.
- High thermal stability: resists temperatures up to 600Â°C.
- Excellent coverage.
- High durability.
- Quick drying at room temperature.
- Very good resistance to temperature fluctuations.
- Good weather stability. Although some loss of gloss can be noticed after extended exposure.
- Totally lead and chromate free.
- No chlorinated and no aromatic solvents.
- Aerosols use dimethylether (DME) propellant for controlled application and film properties.
- Stove pipes
- Exhaust manifolds
- Steam pipes
TYPICAL(*) PRODUCT DATA (without propellant)
- Shake aerosol can very well for at least one minute after agitator ball is free. Stir or mix bulk product well to obtain a homogeneous dispersion. Repeat frequently while using.
- Apply to a clean, degreased, dry surface for best results. Remove rust and scale with a wire brush.
- Apply in light, even coats; best results are obtained with 2 lighter rather than 1 heavy coat. Additional coats can be applied after 15-30 minutes.
- Complete curing occurs during use, typically after 1 h @ 200Â°C or 45 min. @ 250Â°C.
- When spraying is finished, clean aerosol valve by turning can upside down and pressing button until only propellant escapes. If clogging occurs, remove button and clean orifice with fine wire.
- Do not use on energised equipment. Use in well ventilated area.
- A safety data sheet (MSDS) according EU directive 93/112 is available for all CRC products.
- Appearance : mat aluminium finish
- Resin type : silicone
- Pigment type : non-leafing aluminium
- Specific gravity (@ 20Â°C)
- aerosol : 0,99
- bulk : 1,11
- Flash point (solvents)
- aerosol : -4Â°C
- bulk : 42Â°C
- Coverage (30 mm, dry)
- aerosol : approx. 2,7 m2/can (400 ml)
- bulk : TBD
- Drying times
- To touch : 15 min @ 20Â°C (45% RH)
- To : 24 h @ 20Â°C (45% RH)
- To complete cure : 1 h @ 200Â°C
- Recommended film thickness : 25-30 Âµm
- Thinner / cleaner : M.E.K., acetates
- Dry film properties (on degreased metal)
- Heat resistance (ASTM D-2485-68)
- Method 1 (24 h cont.) : 600Â°C
- Method 2 (cycling) : 635Â°C
- Adhesion on steel (NFT 30038) : 0/1
- Flexibility : pass (after heating to 600Â°C, 6 mm mandrel, visual)
- aerosol : 12 x 400 ml
- bulk : 750 ml