CROSBY HG 227 JAW and EYE TURNBUCKLES :
Meets the performance requirements of Federal Specifications FF-T-79lb, Type 1, Form 1 - Class 5, and ASTM F-1145, except for those provisions required of the contractor.Turnbuckle assembly combinations include:
- Eye and Eye, Hook and Hook,Hook and Eye, Jaw and Jaw & Jaw and Eye.
- End fittings are Quenched and Tempered, bodies heat treated by normalizing.
- Crosby's Quenched and Tempered end fittings are normalized bodies have enhanced impact properties for greater toughness at all temperatures.Hot Dip galvanized.
- Hooks are forged with a greater cross sectional area that results in a stronger hook with better fatigue properties.
- Modified UNJ thread on end fittings for improved fatigue properties.
- Body has UNC threads.Turnbuckle eyes are forged elongated, by design, to maximize easy attachment in system and minimize stress in the eye.
- For turnbuckle sizes 1/4"through 2-1/2", a shackle one size smaller can be reeved through eye.
- Forged jaw ends are fitted with bolts and nuts on sizes 1/4" - 5/8", and pins and cotter on sizes 3/4" - 2-3/4".TURN BUCKLES RECOMMENDED FOR STRAIGHT OR IN-LINE PULL ONLY.
- Lock Nuts available for all sizes.Typical hardness levels, Tensile Strengths and Ductility Properties are available for all sizes.
- Turnbuckles can be furnished proof tested or magnaflux inspected with certificate sif requested at time of order.
- Crosby products meet or exceed all the requirements of ASME B30.
- 26including identification, ductility, design factor, proof load and temperature requirements. Importantly, Crosby products meet other critical performance requirements including fatigue life, impact